Are you passionate about nutrition and wellbeing?
Fantastic opportunity to join exciting and multi- award winning and fast growing company. As well as winning New Business of the Year, the company is also working with Premier League teams.
Based in Cheshire, the company is looking to expand and take on Purchasing Manager.
This role offers lots of opportunity to create your own department, processes and culture by bringing your own experience. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the growth and development of the Purchasing function. Experience as a buyer or purchasing role is crucial.
You will be responsible to deal with over 1,000 items across 250 suppliers. Strong analytical skills and knowledge of excel and drive as well as motivation to implement industry leading purchasing practices. The company are looking to you to lay down the purchasing road map for the next 5 years, deliver bottom line savings through your buying skills and understand the buying patterns within their industry to accurately advise the management on commitment and stock holding levels.
- Negotiation of all supplier contracts for a multi-million pound business
- Management of raw material requirements across hundreds of SKUs
- Co-ordination with production & warehouse functions of raw ingredients & finished goods
- Responsibility for ongoing cost savings and efficiency improvements within buying
- Building and maintenance of strong relationships with key suppliers
- Sourcing of new ingredients through liaison with the new product development team
- Participate in the long term strategies of the purchasing function and overall supply chain
- Forecast commodity and raw material pricing and market trends
- Assess and mitigate supply risks on an ongoing basis
- Manage the demand planner and ultimately develop a strong team ethos
- Partner with key stakeholders across the business to optimise business performance
- Possess excellent analytical skills and excel experience
- Eye for detail and exceptional organisational skills
- Great communicator and team player
If your profile matches the above please submit your CV as soon as possible and it will be reviewed straight after. If you would like to find out more about the role, please call Dagmara at Colston Consulting on 0117 3006444.