Linux Engineer / London / £30,000 - £40,000
Commutable Locations: Croydon, Woking, Slough, Watford, Romford, Hatfield, Guildford
Key Skills: Linux, TCP/IP, Config Tools
This Linux Administrator role is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team at an evolving, international technology company.
Their passionate team are working on applications that will change the way landscape, with great projects planned to roll out soon.
Based in a modern, open plan office, you would soak up the atmosphere as a part of their Network team, ensuring that everything runs at peak performance.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Optimising the network for maximum performance
- Maintaining both software and hardware in the datacentres.
- Ensuring that all services are running through network monitoring
- Providing support service for the technical personnel
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- Fantastic Linux knowledge
- A track record of using network monitoring tools e.g. Nagios or Zabbix
- Strong knowledge of network protocols e.g. TCP/IP or DHCP
- An understanding of one of the following tools: Saltstack, Ansible or Puppet
- Virtualisation experience e.g. VMWare, Qemu or Xen
- Experience with firewalls, routing and switching
My client is reviewing C.Vs this week, to be considered or to find out more information please get in touch either by applying or to my direct line.
Phone: Thomas Bugden – 0117 300 6449